Many people believe that a healthy lifestyle is a constant limitation and discomfort. In fact, there are many ways to be healthy without drastic changes in life! Even if you follow them only partially, the state of health and mood will become much better.
How does lifestyle affect health?
Many health problems require a certain lifestyle. Patients of the gastroenterologist understand why they can not fast food, and people with bronchial patients are more likely to stop smoking after diagnosis. Unfortunately, many of our habits can exacerbate existing diseases. And if everyone knows about the dangers of fatty foods, alcohol or tobacco, the lack of sleep, constant stress or sedentary lifestyle often seem to be minor problems.
Unbalanced food affects not only the gastrointestinal tract, but also the whole body: the lack of even one of the vitamins can lead to serious diseases. The harm of ethyl alcohol and nicotine to the human body has long been proven: they negatively affect the digestive, respiratory, circulatory and nervous system. Lack of rest reduces immunity, contributes to the deterioration of memory and distraction, exacerbates existing diseases.
On the contrary, people with confirmed diagnoses often need only a change of lifestyle, and their diseases will show much less. Often, to be healthy you only need to eat properly, to include in the mode of the day a small physical activity in the fresh air, to consume more fluids, to sleep for 7-8 hours and to avoid stress.
The Right Lifestyle: 20 Habits and Ways to Be Healthy
- Drink more water. An adult needs about 8 glasses of liquid a day. This includes all drinks and liquid products (e.g. soups). But it is better to replace strong tea and coffee with clean water. Try to get used to drinking a glass of water immediately after waking up: it allows you to wake up quickly yourself and “wake up” the gastrointestinal tract.
- Don’t miss breakfast. A hearty balanced meal in the morning will provide you with vivacity and strength until lunch. Coffee and cake will not be suitable: the best option will be a combination of cottage cheese or eggs, porridge and fruit.
- Rethink your eating habits. Nutritionists advise to make each meal in this way: half of the plate – fresh vegetables, a quarter – garnish (porridge or starchy vegetables), and another quarter – protein (meat, cottage cheese, eggs or fish). If possible, it is worth getting rid of sugar and sauces to get used to the natural taste of food. Try to give up sweets, fast food and snacks: at first it will be hard, but in a week and a half the craving for harmful products will be much reduced.
- Eat on time. Try to endure at least two hours without eating before going to bed. Distribute meals throughout the day so that there is no break for more than 3-4 hours. But at the first feeling of hunger, be sure to snack a little: it will reduce the risk of overeating during a full lunch or dinner.
Sleep and rest
- Arrange a bed. The bed should be comfortable, the mattress and pillows – hard enough to support the back during sleep. Air the bedroom in the evening. If the light and sounds from the street interfere, use a night mask for eyes and earplugs.
- Don’t save your sleep time. An adult needs to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day to be healthy. We can work for some time to wear and stay awake for 20 hours, but in the end it will lead to problems and ill-health.
- Change classes. The best rest is a change of activity. If the work is associated with physical labor, it is not necessary to immediately rush home for repairs and cleaning. Better take a warm bath, turn on the music and read the book. And if you spent eight hours at the computer, then in the evening it is worth distracting from the screen: go for a walk, hold a training session or cook dinner for tomorrow.
- Avoid stress if possible. This is communication with unpleasant people, uncomfortable work, problems in personal life, failures in creativity or favorite activities. If it is impossible to get rid of sources of stress, it is better to consult a specialist to learn how to respond to stimuli correctly.
Physical fitness support
- Enter physical activity into your daily routine. Heavy training is not necessary: to be healthy, it is enough to walk at a brisk pace for half an hour. Gradually, you can start to give up elevators and go out two or three stops earlier. Activity in the morning will cheer up, and a leisurely walk in the evening will improve well-being and sleep.
You can also add a little gymnastics to your plan. For example, exercises to strengthen the back muscles.
- Keep your weight within the normal range. If you have a clear lack or excess mass – try to correct it. Both have a negative impact on the health of the support and cardiovascular systems.
- Make up the mode of the day. This will help to organize time, work and rest. With a clear order you will not sit up for business until late at night, will not miss meals or sports, and will stop forgetting about the necessary rest.
- Do a warm-up. The more often you get up, the better for your legs, back and heart. It is best to walk a little and stretch once every 20 minutes. But activity even once an hour will save you from fatigue and return to performance.
- Get rid of bad habits. It’s hard, and you might have to turn to professionals. But improving well-being and health after giving up alcohol, tobacco and other harmful substances is worth all the effort.
- Avoid unnecessary risk and keep your safety in check. Wearing a helmet while riding a bike or wearing a seatbelt in a car is not difficult, but it will help to avoid serious damage.
- Keep an eye on hygiene. Wash your hands thoroughly before eating, after the toilet or the street. Shower should be taken daily, and brush your teeth – at least twice a day. These simple actions will save you from many infectious diseases.
- Take your time. There is no point in trying to get all these habits at once. It is better to start gradually, so that they do not cause tension and firmly entered into your life.
Medicine and body testing
- You regularly undergo check-ups. So you can notice diseases in time, when they are the easiest to cure. It is best to do this at least once a year. If you do not have enough time to visit several doctors and take tests all the time, take a full examination in one visit to the clinic. Total Body Scan’s comprehensive diagnostics take only three hours.
- Don’t ignore the discomfort. If you feel unwell – see a doctor, do not wait for the moment when it will become very bad. A layman is unlikely to be able to determine the cause of the disease, and self-medication can even exacerbate the problem.
- Follow your doctor’s prescriptions. Do not miss medication, physiotherapy, follow the prescribed rules of activity and nutrition. If you doubt the correctness of the prescribed treatment, contact another doctor from the same area.
- Consult a specialist before a radical lifestyle change. Perhaps you are not allowed any sport, or because of allergies or stomach disease is not suitable for some “healthy” product. If you are not sure that you know everything about your body – be sure to consult your doctor.